Two agencies dedicated to helping Seniors Find Jobs
- Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP)
The Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) provides training and employment services to eligible low-income jobseekers age 55 and older to enable them to obtain unsubsidized employment. Program participants “earn while they learn,” gaining competitive job skills and refining existing skills through paid, part-time, on-the-job training assignments at non-profit organizations and governmental entities. During their training, participants earn minimum wages while providing valuable community services.
SCSEP services include:
- Assessment and development of Individual Employment Plans
- Supportive services to enable participants to overcome barriers to employment
- Health screening
- Additional basic skills training, such as English as a second language, reading and math skills, and General Educational Development (GED) classes
- Additional targeted occupational skills training such as keyboarding, computer skills, and home health aide skills
- Training on job search and job retention skills
- Job search assistance.
SER Jobs for Progress National program contact for Jefferson County
Texas Workforce Solutions Southeast Texas
304 Pearl Street – Suite 212
Beaumont, TX 77701
(877) 834-5627 – Option 1 – x 3270
- Experience Works
Experience Works helps low-income seniors, with multiple barriers to employment, get the training they need to find good jobs in their local communities. Experience Works is a national, charitable, community-based organization. Originally named Green Thumb, and chartered in 1965 as a small, rural demonstration program, Experience Works has grown to be the nation’s leading provider of training, employment, and community service for low-income older people.
Counties Served: Angelina, Hardin, Jasper, Liberty, Newton, Orange, Polk, Sabine, San Augustine, Tyler
Workforce Solutions East Texas
4100 Troup Hwy.
Tyler, TX 75703
(903) 561-8131 x159
Do you have a job vacancy to fill ? Please let us know about it and we will post it here.If you have local senior job opportunities to share, please contact us!
For senior job seekers, Please check back, as we are currently adding content daily.